Gees, back aboard ship in the IO, I had my own boombox and a collection of cassette albums of various gendres. One of my favorites was the Cheech and Chong collection I was amassing then. My problem was that when I would play one of those cassettes, the deck division would gather and huddle around in adoration (deck division in the late 70s and early 80s being comprised of mostly those who could well associate with the Cheech and Chong lifestyle). So to avoid having the JG confiscate my player, I would alternate out to a Pink Floyd or Alan Parsons or Roxy Music album and most of the deck apes would straggle off, leaving behind the cliff diggers as we called them in Sandoggy, or acid heads. They were no count anyways, having traded away their ambition to try and find a way to cope with the monotony of doing circles in the sea.

For some reason, those acid heads really enjoyed the Ummagumma cassette, especially the track "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict". I thought it was interesting, but they were always captivated by it. Go figure.