Check This Link

It's a Wired article about hypothetically creating the perfect fake identity. The catch is it's like an investment, starting years in advance with a paper trail and waiting a couple decades before you could actually use it.

This got me thinking a little about my son. He's 3 at the moment. If I wanted to, this seems like a relatively easy thing to get away with.

Again, purely hypothetical situation here... this is way illegal to try and I'm not planning on it.

Like I said, got me thinking how something like this could come in handy down the road for him.

Say 20+ years from now, (conspiracy theory alert) the gov't is way over the top with nixing freedom, rights, etc. The whole federal ID thing is out of hand, whatever. And my son is in some trouble for something relatively harmless or because of some red-tape screw up. Maybe he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and there's a new version of the patriot act and he's tagged as a potential terrorist... who knows?

Whatever the case, he's in some deep trouble. Ta-Dah!!! Here you go son, a false identity with a complete paper trail. You have a new SSN, bank account with activity over the years, birth cirtificate, passport, almost everything save a drivers license - which would be easy to get with all the above.

Thoughts?
(again, very illegal, hypothetical situation only)