I don’t see anything wrong with kids using electronic toys. We all live a different life then people did even 25-years ago. I will bet everyone here has a cell phone, 25-years ago only the super rich had them. My grandmother use to say she would never have one of those newfangled things in her kitchen (the microwave.) real cooks use a range and an oven.

Times change.

While my son and I enjoy doing a lot of non-electronic things, we also enjoy the electronics. We all do. Before you say you don’t look at what you are doing while typing that denial. It’s not a typewriter you are using, or even worst a pen and paper & a postoffice.

I think while it’s good to have a mix of electronic and non electronic things to do for kids, electronics are a large part of our lives, and if your kids are thrown into an unfamiliar situation the electronic game can be comforting and familiar to a kid. This can mean the world to the parent’s sanity. It’s a good idea to come up with a way to power your electronics when power is in short supply.

Edited by BobS (09/04/08 02:50 AM)

You can run, but you'll only die tired.