Originally Posted By: JohnN

Keep in mind that with the little coin cell batteries this isn't a light you are going to want to use for long duration use.

I don't have an axe to grind when it comes to head lamps, I'm just satisfied with my coin cell battery Doug Ritter model. How long of duration should these coin cell batteries last? I'm still on the original set of batteries on at least a few of my DRs, and have replaced the set in my main headlamp once now, which means at least 20-30 hours of use along the trail. I really like the effective light of the Doug Ritter especially the nice tight spotlight, the light on my Tikka while good seems to dim considerably for a good portion of the battery life. The DR works, and is cost effective if you buy your CR2032 batteries in bulk (10-20) from somewhere like lighthound. I can't recall but I think the cost of their cheap Chinese 2032s was something like 16-25 cents per pair in smallish quantities, which was a significant savings at the time, now I see they're still available at 29 cents *each*.