Originally Posted By: wildman800
Baton Rouge has been resupplied with bread, flashlights, batteries, etc as of this afternoon.

I did a last minute ice run this morning.

The Wallyworld near us (O'Neal) was stripped bare of batteries except AAA's and a few AA's. They were closing at noon.

Our Albertson's had D's out the whazzoo. There seemed to be a surprising amount of ice available, even though there was a LSU home game yesterday.

Things seemed pretty calm at Albertson's but Wallyworld had some anxious scurring going on.

With the exception of putting up my plywood on the southern and western windows, we're as good as we're gonna get.

My only anxiety is whether I will be able to get home Monday afternoon. I'm ready to stay the night at the hospital, but I really want to be home with my wife and child.

We'll see what the conditions are at that time, but my impulse is to say "screw the hurricane, I'm getting to my wife and child".

Will ere on the side of caution of course.

I am a little ticked at the media though. They spend all their time on NOLA, but it looks like Morgan City, and Grand Isle are the ones that are going to get clobbered. I guess NOLA is the poster child for hurricane drama and the more interesting.

Edited by samhain (08/31/08 01:12 PM)