Well, although I am quite fan of the firesteel, matches are well secured as my firestarting equipment.

I can put several matches and a striker inside every package of tinder I carry. Just a backup. What if I lost my firesteel or whatever happened to it? I still have a package of tinder which also includes a way to start a fire. What if I have to quickly grab one piece of equipment and run away or swim - and when I have to choose quickly between solely firesteel and box/bag with tinder + several matches I would grab the second option because in adverse conditions I have learned that solely firestarter without tinder is useless. Thatīs why I also like complete solutions (like Strike Force) - no separated tinder carry - you can grab it and you have everything you need to start a fire.

Although I can light a candle with Strike Force, matches are more "user friendly" in this situation. Say your hands are cold an fingers are numb and you need to start a fire. But you have to gather some wood first which will take some time. Well during this time you can get even more colder and could not be able to start a fire at all (in this situation I would reccomend running around fast and warming your hands in your armpit). Or you can quickly pull out a small candle and your wind/water proof trusty matches, light a small flame which will warm your hands for several minutes and then you can light a fire without the stress.

Another scenario. You happen to be lost with someone who has no experience with fire steel etc. Whatever the reason may be now your group have to split up. You have to go to get help.The other person has no survival equipment nor training. Well you can teach him how to make a fire with your backup firesteel or you can give him the matches you also carry and a tinder. I guess everyone can light a fire with plenty of good tinder and matches. Now the person can for example make a signal fire (smoke signal, ...) so he/she can be located later by the SAR team. Or to stay warmed.

Good matches can also be used as a tinder - for example to accelerate the process.