Don't overlook the other items mentioned in the"sold out of list", flashlights, batteries, bottled water. At least there's still time for 1 more resupply of stores/gas stations before Gustave arrives.

I caught several comments in Louisiana chat rooms last night, that gas stations in Calcasieu Parish (Lake Charles) were already running out of gas.

DW was curious and researched hotel/motel reservations. She confirmed that all hotels/motels are booked as far north as Little Rock, Tn.

I have some perturbing thoughts in regard to the people being evacuated via bus. What are their temporary destinations and accommodations be??? Foolish thoughts or not, I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about accepting a bus ride from my dear ole Uncle Sammy. Think back to 1 or 2 threads that we've had about the "Crisis Relocation Camps" that FEMA has been building.

I, personally, will assume HurCon III tonight. My DW will make the "stay or Bug Out decision" by noon tomorrow based on the latest predictions. Right now, we are directly in the bullseye. For my location, a hurricane will have dropped 1 category from when it makes landfall to when it reaches us.

Once again, my DW has time to take care of business because she has a husband who has preps in place. What a compliment for a hubby to receive from his DW!!!!