Is that what this thread is about? You think you are going to be forced to go into a shelter because you are wearing scrubs? When has this ever happened?
Or is it that you'll be told by your employer to stay at work because hurt people need help and you want to be able to sneak off and avoid the duty you took on with the uniform. If your family can't get medical help because the hospital staff near them are avoiding their duty too, you’ll be fine with that?
And what is wrong with standing out? If I could chose what to wear in a city in crisis, it'd be a neon orange suit so rescuers could see me and a backpack of gear. The only thing I'd possibly prefer to that is the uniform of a medic, cop or firefighter, like you are entitled to wear. They got a 'get out of trouble free' card when i wore the blue.
Who died in Katrina or on 911 because they had a backpack? I wear and carry backpacking gear to work. People think it's amusing. At no point has anyone tried to mug me for them when we had the London bombings.
What WILL get you arrested is impersonating an emergency services worker as you plan to, with your EMS/Fire lights. When they find the weapons and Breaking and Entering gear you are thinking of carrying you'll be heading for a cell.
No offence but I don't think you've thought this through. You want to be james bond so you won't be frogmarched to a shelter, but are worried they then won't let you in because you have a SAK? You think the authorities are going to tell you to evacuate your home because of a forest fire and then arrest you for doing so?
These roaming gangs of looters and martial laws forcing you into shelters don't exist. Been a long time since there were any riots in the US too hasn't it? And they'll be looting shops full of expensive goods, not chasing people so poor they carry gear to work in a backpack.
I think you are mixing up an E & E kit and a Bug out Bag. See my definitions in previous post.
An E & E kit needs concealing because it's what you have on you after being searched. At least that's the theory. The people capturing you would be soldiers and policemen themselves;they'll be looking in the same places they'd use. It's really a chance to sell miniature gear to soldiers. When did you last hear of an escaped POW who wasn't searched when captured?
There is no reason to conceal a BOB. Doing so can only add to your problems.
Funny story; an idiot I knew forgot to empty his belt of the little bits and pieces: spare money, wire and cord for repairs, padded tape for blisters, spare torch batteries etc that he carried there, when he was flying last month. This innnocent possibles belt had a slightly different appearance to the airport security. Imagine my errr.. i mean 'his' reaction when he heard someone say "boss this one has batteries and wires concealed in a secret compartment in his belt".
You'll find cops have the same reaction to concealed items. Especially if they are 'night vision/thermal imaging, lock picks, window punches'.
The Sock
The Sock