I'm going to tell you people a story. I maintain a pretty sophisticated equine first aid kit. I get similar arguments from people who don't even know what the California Veterinary Practice Act is, or, conversely think Nikon Magnets and telephone calls ( at $100 via MASTERCARD)to animal psychics are viable treatments for foundering horses.

During El Nino one of our local large animal DVMs found her supplies severely depleted and a rush shipment of fresh supplies wound up in an overturned FED EX truck.

I learned of her worries when she stopped at my coastal canyon ranch minutes ahead of the road being closed behind her and yet another emergency call coming in. We didn't even bother with formalities. My infamous kit, an old ammo can for rather LARGE military munitions was tossed onto the floor of the cab and her assistant braced her bootheals against it.

For three days my controversial kit/cornucopia supplied vetwrap ( bought super cheap in the unpopular ecru)disposable needles,saline packs and stuff I haf forgot was in there.
My ecru vetwrap went onto a famous stud of a rare breed after a storm damaged stall collaped and his leg was badly lacerated. His barn colours now sport a thin ecrue stripe, much like the 'thin red line' of a famous Balaclava regiment.

I would remnind thee forum of two things: A. the famous first aid caveat of 'Do no harm.' There is no evidence of this extensive kit having done so. B. This forum has rules and guidelines. I rdeally don't care what people post on other forums. You quote it here, clean it up.You make a comment, keep it clean.

This thread has generated a lot of interest.It is to valuable to lock. I have excised a few vulgarities and posts with a disposable blade. Do not presume a surgical kit for trauamtic amputation is not in my moderator's kit.