Originally Posted By: Stein

It is a store of value and if you want to use it to buy rice, maybe it is better to just buy rice now. Once you have your preparations made and need someplace to keep excess funds, it may be a good place.

I find it advantageous to purchase silver rounds to build up my "emergency cash stash".

The silver rounds are not legal tender and thus can't be grabbed by the DD's or DW because they want to buy a coke while they run an errand. That's why the number of quarters grow so slowly in my change jar.

I can grab the silver rounds quickly in the event of an evacuation since they are stored in my Armory. My weps always go with me.

When I run short of cash, wherever I happen to be, I can go to a coin dealer and sell them for the current price plus a small handling fee.

In the worst case scenario (TEOTWAWKI/TSHTF), I can haggle for something, and if need be, cut a silver round into quarter ounces to make payment for goods and/or services. Providing that the vendor(?) would accept silver in payment.

Just as I do with emergency food procurement/storage (buy a little extra every trip to the store), I buy 1 or 2 silver rounds every payday. That is the same thing I do with equipment everytime I go to a non-grocery store.

That's my reasoning and my system. I feel that it provides additional options come what may. I like "options"!!