'Evenin Ladies and Gents. I don't know where this should go, or if it's appropriate for this site, if not please relocate or delete.
I am a born and raised country boy, a student of wilderness skills, and admittedly don't know much about urban survival. I find myself working in the Bronx as an RN at a trauma center. I can envision scenarios, natural or man made, martial law or war, where I would need to get home, but it might be in my best interest to keep a low profile from both the general population as well as the administration (not interested in being sent to a shelter). It might be closer to evading and escaping then wilderness survival or wilderness skills. I'm not suggesting or entertaining anything illegal, just wondering what different tools, equipment, and knowledge would facilitate such a journey?
I thinking a medium sized neutral color, non descript pack, and a small belt pouch type container with just the bare minimum. The pouch would live on my belt, I would hopefully have access to my pack and would be in good shape if I could get to my car.
I've never been in the military, nor raised in the city, so I don't know what would be required, or handy to have available.
Thanks in advance. Regards, Jim