Firefly, read all of my post. I primarily mentioned my small kits, like the PSK that is ALWAYS with me in my EDC bag. I did mention that I have more in my bigger kits.

For bugging in supplies, I've got a 5 gallon bucket full of line, hooks, spoons, flies, soft baits, leaders, swivels, sinkers, bobbers, a few frog gigs, and a couple of nets. Along with rat traps, wire, screw eyes and small, shiny dangly bits to use as bait. Never seen a squirrel that didn't investigate a shiny. But in this case, my "fishing" is more like trapping, set it up and leave while you take care of something, check it two or three times during the day. That's why I've got the nets, and know how to make various fish traps.

For BoB, I have an altoids tin full hooks, sinkers, swivels, and some soft baits (frog, crawdad, small worm). There is also a couple of leaders, and a several yarn bobbins with 20 and 50 pound braided specta, and a couple of small jingle bells- put one of those on the set pole, and when you get a bite, you go take care of it.

*grins* Better? Now, I should point out a small philosophical difference. For me, BoB gets me home to my folks if where I am isn't tenable. The heavy bug in gear is there, just because I don't have good storage here- thus, my 5 gallon can is there. But to me, these aren't survival kits. If I'm going home, it's to stay, that's living gear. BoB gets me home if the car is screwed up.

Also keep in mind, I hate fresh water fish.

When a man dare not speak without malice for fear of giving insult, that is when truth starts to die. Truth is the truest freedom.