I didn't sense any anger or animosity from the poster who didn't like that the first poster took some tree boughs to teach shelter-making - with the same lack of any animosity or anger, I'd like to politely disagree with those who would take a few boughs from tree to tree and not think it does harm. Its not just you who might take a few boughs from different trees, but the several to the hundreds to eventually the thousands in popular places who take only a bough or two - to make a bed, a shelter, to make fire or smoke. A bough or two, multiplied a hundred times or more over the lifetime of a grove of trees, means a pretty well stripped down forest, a forest of striplings.

I think the ethos you should apply when practicing forest shelter making is leave no trace - scavenge your shelter materials, and then disperse them when you're done. Only in a real emergency, if you are outdoors, can't go home, and in need of shelter or risking exposure to the elements, should you take live branches and boughs and make a shelter. Honestly, in my neck of the woods there's no shortage of downfall and downed branches for shelter-making, and its alot quicker to use this than to cut fresh boughs.

Anyway, I didn't sense the poster was castigating anyone for raping the forests, or blaming survival practices for the fall of the Amazon rainforest, just asking you to leave no trace when no more urgent need arises.