Originally Posted By: sockpuppet
Quote:
The funny thing about trees, they are a renewable resource. Plant a seed, add water and time and you have another tree.

If it were that simple, then the worlds forests wouldn't be vanishing. I agree it is good to teach kids a skill or two, but I also agree that you should not use live wood unless totally necessary. Building a brush shelter is not rocket science after all. Once the frame is up it is easy enough to use dead wood and then imagine how it would look with live limbs covering it.

I don’t think that we are in danger of trees becoming extinct. There are a large number of trees out there, even in a city. My work takes me into high-rise apartments, and looking out from 10-floors above the city, it’s amazing how many trees there are in the city. They block you from seeing streets and a lot of houses. You would never think this because of the message put out that we are destroying the planet. I question and don’t buy into this message of mankind as the destroyer of the planet.

If you live in a home and it has wood in it, you through your action of buying and living in said home condone trees being cut down.

And it is as simple as planting more trees, the forest industry is the number one planter of trees in this country. Like I said trees are a renewable resource.

You can run, but you'll only die tired.