Thanks SARbound and celler, hopefully they will cut me a deal on the repair.

CANOEDOGS, the knife was a knife that I picked at the airport at the store and it was very cheap and I was experimenting with bating it with a stick to see if it would fail. The little cheap knife did very good and never broke. I put the knife up there to demonstrate a point that you can acquire knifes and lighters most anywhere in the world regardless of airline restrictions. When I got off at the airport, they had zippo lighters and pocket knives in the store and all throughout town I could get a hold of pocket knives and machetes. The same goes through with places I've been like Mexico, Japan , Philippines, Portugal to name a few, so I've never been concerned with knives and lighters on aircraft because I usually reaquire them at the destination.

BruceZed, I will look into being a lot more careful with the DEET, I don't know if it caused this but I'm going to have to look more into the destructiveness on plastics it has, but I wouldn't trade DEET for all the money in the world, definitely good stuff.

Here is what I carried on me in cargo pant shorts every day while traveling.
I had navigation, signaling, fire, water and had my poncho (shelter)and paricord not to far behind.