The only other thing I could think of is I used 100% Deet most of the time I was there but I did my best to keep it away from hands and equipment. My wives shoes also came unglued as well and she wasn't even around the DEET and some of the locals had said that some American products with certain types of glue come apart from that. So I'm not sure which is the case.

As for the steripen it's a good choice, I wouldn't recommend the solar charger unless you have several days to recharge a set of batteries. I would get a 20 watt or greater solar cell to recharge the batteries quickly. I use a 40 watt for mine.

And about TSA (stole my electric razor and bottle of wine on the way back,which I don't won't to go there) and customs who loves my picture collection so well for my camera that they took my sd card out of my camera and copied everything from that and my camcorder so that maybe if it get's erased, I can send them a little love note and they will send me archived copies. Bless there heart wink

Other than that it was a nice trip and I learned some customs/TSA tricks from a lot of travelers. It's amazing how quickly people change to work around security procedures so quickly.