Welcome!

I think you hit on most of the questions frequently discussed here, and a couple of new ones.
As to your numbered points:
1) +1 on the "roll call" thread a couple of months ago.
2) Maybe start asking "what if" questions. What if the electricity or water or gas goes out for a couple of days/week during the winter? What if I have to walk home from work? etc. Use these as a springboard. Keep things realistic to where you live, work, travel etc. Asking the right question is always a good place to start.
3) there have been lots of treads on storage, but the first questions should be to look at different scenarios and decide when you Bug Out and to where, and when do you Bug In and for how long. Once you decide what you want/need to do, then you can start supplies planning. Just buying stuff without a plan is not the best way to approach things. Again, your personal/family situation and location drive many of the answers you need. The folks in Florida have a different problem than those in NYC, etc.
4) While a large portion of the discussions and information here relates to "wilderness survival", a lot also relates to urban/suburban survival. IMO, a single family home (which it sounds like you may have) is a real dandy start for a good Bug In plan. You can never take as many resources with you as you have there, and with a little time and effort, can greatly improve. One simple thing to consider is a generator, even a small one can keep your home livable. Many other things can be done.

As to vehicles, what to take etc, if you do need to bug out, again, it depends on where your are, where you are going and the expected conditions. The guys in California have to consider in an earthquake that the roads may be impassable because the highway overpasses are down. The guys in the mid-west probably don't worry about that.

So, I don't think there are easy answers to your questions. But I think if you give us more details/thoughts etc., you will get a lot of useful comments that will help to focus you thoughts and plans.

Finally, if you can learn to master the search function, you will be amazed at the wealth of information on these topics that has been posted in even the few months I have been a member.