When I lived in a community with a HOA, I can't count how many times some house frau on the HOA board (or the male equivalent) typed up an "Official Warning" or "Official Citation" to put on a door in the neighborhood for one insane reason or another. I had a big red citation taped to my door because a trash can blew into my yard during a winter storm. The note cited "Improper Storage of Garbage Containers". It had happened that day, it wasn't my garbage can, and I hadn't made it home from work yet to do something about it.

Back to the original topic though...

I don't have more than one job now, but I've had to take on more work and more hours to make ends meet, so it's similar to what many of you are experiencing. I can't imagine trying to juggle this with a voluntary position at a Fire Department. My thanks go out to anyone who can manage it.

I fear that there are a lot of troubles that will sneak up behind us and catch us by surprise because of the current economy. Thanks for highlighting this one. It's information worth thinking about.