Originally Posted By: Blast
You know, this might be a good way of working with your neighbors to foster a better, more prepared community. Spread the word that you give some fire extinguisher training at a certain time/date for whoever shows up. I think that might attract some people. Another possibility is to get the homeowners association involved.

I wonder what liability issues this might entail, though.

-Blast

1. No, don't invite others, because "training" isn't the same as "practicing on my own" and if you are "training" and they burn their house down, you're blamed for bad/illegal training.

2. If you have/deal with an HOA, forget it. These little pockets of PHRASECENSOREDPOSTERSHOULDKNOWBETTER. demagoguery represent the worst of all possible scenarios for a free person, and if you're stuck in one, you're stuck living in a world that makes China look like like Sweden. Tracts governed by HOA's are the opposite of a real community. The little Goebels who aspire to run such institutions are the embodiment of the unseemly dark side of human nature, enforcing a conformist agenda of meek subservience to random authority as imposed by the subjective whims of a cabal of priggish busy-bodies. Acres of neatly trimmed lawns, each home with neutral and conforming architecture and paint, with nary a bicycle or play set visible in the front yard is a vision of a green hell.

Hmm. Think I feel strongly about that subject?