Wow. . . This is great stuff.
Quote:
Add imodium or other anti-diaherial . . .

Great idea. I will incorporate this one.

Quote:
Go ahead and take the 1 day ham lisencing course for rought $50.00 from your local ham club and get a decent 2 meter or better yet a tri-band ham hand held. . . .

I was unaware of such courses, licensing, or the possibility of a handheld ham radio. I'm researching this one now with the intent of taking your advice.

Quote:
Do lighten up the flashlight. * * * Add a cell phone and make sure that you have battery conversions for you HandHeld radios and cell phone to use AA or AAA - which ever you settle on for your flash light. Replace mil-spec candle with NuWick candle

Agreed on majority of this one. D cells and flashlight are going. AA gear only, with exception of Surefire. Mil-spec candle was there because I had it, but will be replaced by NuWick. Oh, didn't include cell phone because I carry it and pager every day.

Quote:
Add an 8X10 sil-tarp. * * * I second the idea of swim goggles and dust mask. * * * Also add a good pair of work gloves.

Looking into tarp. Goggles and mask are already in office, but not bag. Work gloves are on the list, though not yet in the bag.

Quote:
Depending upon resupply, . . .

I'm dropping all but one MRE, which is broken down. Looking int stoves, with a preference towards MSR. Sierra cup is in bag, but not on list. Thinking about filters. . .

Batts - Look into rechargers. Maybe its the company I've kept (ex-mil), but I'm hesitant to go below 12 AA batts, even with a charger.

Monocular/Scope/Binos - I've been thinking about this one. Either going with a very light monocular or the Steiner 8x30's. (Personal preference on Steiners.)

Immunizations - Great one. This came up recently in a conversation with a co-worker on small pox vaccinations. I will be getting the shots and then keeping a record of them in the pack.

Quote:
You might want a Little John Shovel . . .

Looking into shovel. Already have ear plugs and hand sanitizer in pack. Always have Oakleys (sunglasses) at hand.

General comments - All great. The "First Responder" bag will carry this stuff. As for resupplies. . . they are 12 mi. away (home), 70 mi. (friend 1) and 100 mi. (friend 2) away. Home is first, as I've got dogs.

Again, great stuff. Thank you.