On the MacGregor (the other link is expired):

How many of you are there? I've sailed boats that size, and they're small. Two close people for a length of time would be my limit. If it's your bug out-bug in boat, what is the capacity for the toilet? I understand that concerns about fouling the bay with sewage wouldn't be a big concern if you're bugging in, but if you're tied up or anchored, surrounding the boat with your effluent could be unpleasant.

It's got an outboard motor and has a separate connection to charge the battery; those things fail from exposure to salt air and salt water. The owner refers to a lazareth, so I'd have questions about his capabilities as a sailor and maintainer of the boat. Needs minor repairs and he'll try to do them. :-> Uh, no thanks. Just discount the price.

I've never owned a boat - I always sailed a charter or with friends. I'm assured by those who own a boat that it's _very_ different owning one. I think having a boat as a bug out destination is a good idea in the San Francisco Bay Area if you have it in the water and can get to it without having to drive there (or it's a reasonably short drive with no collapsed overpasses on the way).