Additional thoughts:

The layout looks very good to me, I lived aboard a 26 ft Watkins for 9 months and played on it for 8 years total.

For living aboard, you'll find that those hanging baskets are great for storing fruits and vegetables. Hanging hammocks alongside the bulkheads provide great storage places for your clothes, blankets, etc. Roll everything up as tightly as you can (just like camping).

As a Bug Out/In Vehicle, no matter where you sail, you've got your motel room with you.

I would not have a problem getting 250 miles from land in such a craft as long as I had my charts, GPS, and VHF-FM radios including the NOAA Wx Freqs.

Keep in mind that there are certain flags that you should keep onboard:
The US flag (ensign), Alpha (divers down), Bravo (refueling), Delta (breakdown), Oscar (man overboard), your state flag (courtesy), a black ball (anchored), are all good to have onboard.

There are certain flags that it isn't a good idea (IMHO) to have onboard:
The Jolly Roger (pirate flag), The Confederate Flag (a flag of rebellion), or any other flag that may be controversial, is not a real good idea to fly or HAVE ONBOARD.

There are certain things that are fun and/or useful to have onboard and to make use of:
A wind sock (they come in all sizes, colors, & designs. they tell
you the wind direction and strength, at a glance.), a RADAR reflector (this will save your life, even in the Bay), and there are a few other things that might interest you as you look around.

Take it for what you think this is worth. Bon chance et bon voyage, mon ami!