Originally Posted By: CityBoyGoneCountry
Originally Posted By: SwampDonkey
I have always believed in life in other worlds (UFO's) probably because my father claims to have seen one as a young man and because the universe is so vast.

I'm sorry, but this is one of my pet peeves. Unidentified Flying Object means exactly that -- unidentified. By calling it an alien you are claiming to have identified it. I would like to know how you make the huge leap from "I don't know what it is" to "it's an alien."

My father happened to be a scary brilliant man and he spent his career doing very highly classified design and engineering work involving space surveillance radars and satellite communications (as I understood it). He never, ever, discussed anything at all about his work at home, of course. But some offhand comments he once made left me with the distinct impression that HE took UFOs of the alien origin variety to be a more or less established fact, and he was mo'definitely in a position to KNOW.

For whatever thats worth.

PS: He could also design and build kick-ass antennas. We had the best TV reception in town, CBs that could routinely talk hundreds of miles, etc.

Jeff