one hundred consecutive push ups in a 6 week program... hmm. This must be a good program or may be a program to build stamina and not really muscle mass.

I did a SERIOUS push-up routine for ~ 6 months. I did as many as I could do rested, did it again, rested, did it again until the max was 1 then I stopped. I did this 2-3x a day.(Almost every day) My goal was to build muscles, it worked. I got large shoulders, upper back triceps, and a noticeable neck.

Doing push-ups practicaly became an addiction! I did them waiting for breakfast to be finished, waiting for someone to call, when I had down time at home I did them.

I was NEVER able to do more than 75 at once. After ~ month I could do TONS of push-ups but not 100 at once, probably due to my method and variance of the muscles.

I did closed fist / knuckle down, arrow (hands touching) and standard.

Push-Ups are fun, easy to do, and can build muscle. Is there a paint to doing 100 at once? Not that I can see.

Start, make your own routine and something you can enjoy. For me it was seeing how many I could do at once and then repeating until I was dead. This really broke down my muscles and rebuilt them. Be sure to break and not do it EVERY day.

Edited by ToddW (07/28/08 04:33 AM)