While out on a trail testing nightvision equipment a friend and I had a weird experience. With a thermographic camera I caught a massive mountain lion looking thing walking along with us on a ledge above. I asked my friend "What the ** is that?" and directed him to look at the cat (the size of a brown bear). He looked with a light amplification scope and saw nothing.

I didn't believe him so we swapped and sure enough there was nothing in the visible spectrum (we were only testing one thermographic camera). The ?lion? kept walking along and we both clearly saw it. I had the presence of mind to record and we played it back again and again and sure enough it was there (or its heat was)

Let's forget about it being invisible (there was nothing visible even in clearings)...that aside... the region I was in has nothing like that. I grew up in the area and I've never even heard of anything like that. I just can't explain it and to this day it sits there just kind of tickling my version of reality. If there wasn't a witness I think I would have totally dismissed it -even with the recording.

The ?lion? type thing eventually walked away and we weren't the least bit alarmed (just VERY confused) as there wasn't a hope in hell of seeing any sort of lion in this area as it is the wrong ecosystem and surrounded by city....that and again, the invisible thing really let us feel calm smile

I later saw some "ghost hunters" who used a thermographic camera and did catch ghosts on it. I wonder if what we saw was a ghost of a cat. No offense to cats, but that's pretty lame. That's like the greatest ghost you see in your life being a bug or something. At least it wasn't terrifying!

That's all! Put another log on the fire and tell your own experience.

-NIM