Dweste, I wrote a long response to this thread, but I am not sure if anyone is interested in a long response, so I boiled it down to the 5 main ideas in my post, leaving out the explanations.

If you want to read it, let me know and I will either post it or pm you. I am kind of shy about posting my thoughts on a board like this. Here is what my post boiled down to:

These are some of my thoughts for finding someone who is interested in the things you are interesed in:

1. Try to 'only' hook up with a woman that has interests similar to your own. It will avoid a lot of problems. I agree with folks who said that a person is either interested or not. It is best not to go into a relationship thinking that you are going to change them.

2. Show interest in her and the things she is interested in. Let her talk and be sure to listen to her too! Not just you talk all the time. Many men don't do this. Be sure to follow this one throughout your relationship. Not just at the beginning to impress her.

3. Make sure the woman you hook up with has a pleasant nature and not a contrary one. You will be a happier man.

4. Avoid nit picking, blaming and a superior attitude when you do share your emergency survival stuff with her (and in life in general). These 3 things destroy relationships. Also follow this one throughout your relationship together.

5. You might even give an online dating service a try. It worked for my brother and he is crazy about his new girlfriend. It also worked for one of my daughters. They are now engaged. Both hooked up with the first person they contacted and both found relationships with someone who has the same interests!

I hope that this is helpful!

Joy