Originally Posted By: BobS
My Swiss Champ is 20-years old, my Leatherman tool is about the same age. They haven't broke yet. The knife handle plastic did get a small chip in it from drop off an antenna tower 10-years ago but I patched it with “Bullshooters gun front site insert kit.” It was a perfect color match and you can’t see the epoxy repair at all.

As long as you buy quality tools and (the important thing) understand how not to abuse them and ask no more then they were made to do, you will have a long lasting friend. You can’t do things like loosen a lug nut with a multi tool.

I have seen multi tools brought back to my friend’s gun shop that were only 6-months old that were badly damaged. Cleary these tools were more then used, they were abused by guys that could not understand how to use and not use them. People expected him to just reach into the counter and give them a new one. He always explains the warrantee is with the company, not him.

Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.

So basically it doesn't matter what you carry, so long as it's top quality. I agree.

About abuse... see that's the thing: I can loosen lug nuts with mine. It's important to understand your limits, yes, but it's no less important for your limits to exceed your needs.

www.kravmagafederation.com