I want aexploding .44 pistol! I've only owned a Colt New Service in .44 russian, Charter Arms Bulldog in .44 SPL, Smith and Wesson model 24 5 screw and a ruger superblackhawk in .44 magnum. 44s do not expload.They are more likely to fully exit before even an expanding design will. 44 special commercial loads are wretched for accuracy and are strictly a handloder's affair to glean the fine accuracy it is capable of.The old Hatcher formulae based on live animal testing, the accumulated statistics of gunfights are nothing but rough guidelines. You people want a REAL EXPERT? go down to South central l.A. and I'll introduce you to a african- american ( she prefers BLACK) grandmother who sings in the church choir and bakes incredible cinnamin rolls. Grandma Davis has sent 3 robbers and home invaders to the hospital with a vintage Smith .38 five shot 2" ( the shrouded hammer pocket pistol)and a box of 158 grain roundnose.I wouldn't cross that woman with a TWO high capacity wizz bang ca'tridges, tritium night sights, stippled frames and PABST recoil gloves and a new pair of lemonade yaller shooting glasses. She aims for the crotch.