Nice to know that stuff is all marketing mojo. I've always thought about trying the gimmicky stuff but never really had a good way to be sure it was working. It's quite the placebo sometimes. If you think it's going to work, and you catch fish, then it's because you tried the new lure...fulfilling your expectations perfectly.

I went fishing this morning so since my gear was all out already, I took some pictures since I love posting pictures of my junk.

It started as a Pflueger travel kit but I've since modified the case to hold a Rhino 4 piece casting rod, Quantum bait cast reel, the fly box, a tape measure, Swiss Army Knife, and a precision oiler. The whole thing fits in my hiking pack or goes into the car easy as pie. The only thing I plan to add is an Opinel folding fillet knife.

As you can see I've yet to take advantage of the foam fly holder side off the box. I keep thinking the jigs would like to live there but I'm too lazy to move them over smile

When I go hiking or backpacking I just toss the whole fly box into my pack. It's overkill but way less hassle to just have one box for both purposes.

Edited by Hacksaw (07/20/08 10:04 PM)
Edit Reason: typos