Don't know about Washington, but here in Colorado if you are hiking at treeline/tundra/snow in Summer you better have some mosquito repellent! For Spring and Fall I'd add a watchcap and gloves and some kind of insulating layer - down vest, etc. Sunglasses are a must too. I would go for the pencil over a Fisher Spacepen. My Spacepens have always globbed ink. A small headlamp (Petzl Tikka Plus, or similar) will be lots better than a Photon II (but keep the Photon for backup). Also, get yourself one of those metal cups that nests over the base of your Nalgene bottle. This doesn't add any bulk when carried this way and it gives you a ready container to boil things in should that be necessary. I wouldn't mess with an expensive butane lighter. Just get a Bic, and also some waterproofed matches. And some of those trick "Can't blow 'em out" birthday candles. Hold your trick candle with the wick right up against the matchhead when you strike it. The wind may blow out the match after the head is done burning, but you'll have that trick candle lit and that may do wonders for you in the wind.