Originally Posted By: Mike_H
I'm interested in any and all types of recipes like this... Once again, why we should have a food / recipe section.

I do think this is a great idea. (I was going to respond in the "dog and bear sautéing" thread, but it's increasingly difficult to take anything in there seriously... wait, which idiot wrote the post in there about chain mail? Oh, that was me... grin)

My reasoning is thus: my wife "tolerates" my interests in the outdoors (she sometimes even comes along) and preparedness, but she's mostly humoring me. However, she loves cooking and talking about food, so this might just peak her interest. She's also into "unusual" ways of cooking strange things. Some guy on a television cooking program prepared something with liquid nitrogen (!) and she immediately wanted to try it.

On the other hand (I always think with both hands), in most survival situations, food preparation is low down on the list of things to do. One could argue from that perspective, it would make more sense to have fire starting and water gathering forums. (Although, how many ways are there to soak up morning dew from a leaf with a t-shirt?)