I'm noticing razor wire on the fences around the new vineyards and around gates in lots of areas on my potential bug out route; sad sign of the times I guess. And of course it is getting to be standard in any urban area. At many bridges the private wire runs into the government wire, so if you need to access the riverbank away from a bridge you encounter wire.

Many of the barbed wire fences in central California are on metal posts, not wooden, and are stretched tight by come-alongs or even vehicles before being fastened down. Maybe cutting the fasteners on several posts would allow you to push the wire up or down enough to get through or over, I am not sure.

Yeah, this thread is about the extreme case; maybe the ridiculously extreme case. I do not know how to judge that, and that's why I posted my questions.

I also figure considering the extreme case and figuring out how to reasonably prepare for that eventuality is part of what this forum is about. Part of that preparation is thinking through the ethics of the situation now, instead of in the heat of the moment, and working out how to deal with any ethical dilemmas.

So I appreciate all the posts so far and look forward to seeing what you wily guys come up with!

Edited by dweste (07/17/08 04:37 PM)