Well, the OP has been banned, and the pills look like simple multivitamins with no real nutritional value (fats, proteins, and carbs). But it does bring up something I've been considering: Calories.

My understanding -- please correct me if I'm wrong -- is that you need calories to fuel you. There are other "survival pills" on the market (I forget the brand name*), and those are very low in calories, as are a lot of other products jammed full of vitamins but low in calories, and being advertised as survival food.

My understanding is that you want as many calories as you can cram into a small amount of food for a survival situation. This is also the reason that people don't suggest you expend too much effort seeking food for short term survival situations: You can easily burn more energy than the food you can gather provides.

I also wonder if those pills increase your need for water. They say they don't on the site, and the site seems fairly credible, but has anyone who's tried these observed that to be true?

The point made above about vitamins helping you convert body fat stores is an interesting one. Of course, a good multivitamin can accomplish this.

*I just re-read the thread before posting this. The 240 calories/day pills linked above are the ones.