Quote:
you can actually remove the top cap and use them as a flashlight, too!

I didn't know that. I take one of those Walmart LED lanterns when I'm camping. They put out a lot of light for there size and seem to sip batteries.

As for blackouts, we have assorted battery-powered fans, lanterns, radio, etc and a large, 400 watt emergency power battery thingy.

In the winter we just put on clothes if we get a little cool. I love Texas!

Our freezers have lots of blocks of ice in them to help keep them cool. If it looks like it'll be a few days I'll start canning stuff, grilling stuff, and swap BBQ with the neighbors.

We were going to get a generator but Hurricane Rita convinced us otherwise. All the houses across the street lost power for six days. A bunch of them shared a generator to keep their fridges/freezers going but after three days the cost in gas outweighed the cost of food. gas prices have doubled since then. Overall, we decided we can make do without electricity if we must. Our stove and water heater are gas plus I have a ton of camping stuff. Overall, it'll be kind of sticky in the summer or cool in the winter, but nothing unbarable.

-Blast
Radio Call Sign: KI5BOG
*As an Amazon Influencer, I may earn a sales commission on Amazon links in my posts.