Nishnabotna, first lemme say sorry it took so long to reply....I primarily surf this site at work on my phone. Compression and loading times means I don't always keep up with posts that get burried under "hotter" topics of discussion. I carry and love my infinity, it still resides on my keychain. I got the fenix to replace my maglite solitaire that's with my Vic swisschamp. I have the original S.O.S. "Survival Pouch/sheath" that they came out with back in the late 80's. I just started to carry it again, kinda like getting re-aquainted with an old friend. On the older model pouch its split into 2 side by side compartments. One side is the knife, the other is for the various survival items. On the outside of each pouch, on the side is a leather tunnel. One for a sharpening stone, the other for a maglite solitaire. LED technology has evolved by leaps and bounds since then and I figured it would be of benefit to replace the solitaire (pathetic light output) with something more akin to 21st century technology. I chose the fenix over the arc, 35 buck is a big savings in my book and both seem to be comprable.

-Bill Liptak