Alright everyone- I've already posted about the trip that I'm about to tackle, and have arrived at a fork-in-the-road having to do with my sleeping arrangements... I'm in debate with myself as to whether or not to bring a tent-

Sleeping in a tent has a bit too much of a confinement factor to it- If walked up on by anything, be it a human or otherwise, it's much more difficult to react to the situation while in a tent. I've heard of bears ripping open tents, and there's also the possibility of an ill-intentioned person walking up.... However, protection from bugs, rain, and small critters is unequaled...

I'm wondering what all of your thoughts are on camping in a hammock, as opposed to a tent- The issues I'd like input on are the ups and downs to both, when taking into consideration rain, bugs, animals, ease of setup, diversity of location for setup, and reaction time/ability to cope with a situation when stumbled upon...