Are any of you familiar with any reliable guides to selecting binoculars? I want to add a small (Less than a pound) pair for camping and travel. <br><br> I think a roof prism design would be the smallest and easiest. I looked at Bruntons ($150) but found their optics to be no better than a similar sized pair of Nikons ($90). Then I looked at a tiny pair of Tascos ($20) and thought they weren't that much worse than the Nikons. Then I tried a pair of Zeiss ($300) and was absolutely blown away with how great the view was and how much light they let in. I would like to try a pair of Minox but I can't find a listing for a dealer nearby.<br><br>The salesman at Gander Mountain said that he owns both the Nikons and the Tascos. Keeps the cheap ones for hunting.<br><br>I would like to use these primarily for camping and wildlife viewing, although it would be nnice to have them for sporting events. We will also be traveling overseas for several weeks to adopt a child and will have a very limited weight restriction.<br><br>Any thoughts you could have would be welcome.<br><br>