I am not an attorney or law enforcement. I do have friends who are....my humble 2¢...
IIRC you are carring a multi-tool, should not be a problem, even the more draconian laws allow up to 3" blades. Also it is arguable that it is more a tool than a knife. Don't push it with the police though, worst crime you can commit is POP...pi$$ing off police.
A small 3" locking folder for camp chores, fine cutting etc.... Will be easily explainable and probably not questioned unless in an urban situation like major cities. Have it in a pouch on your belt. In plain sight. So that way you are not carring it "concealed".
Ditch the bayonet. If its double edged like a lot are its a dagger...big no in many areas. Also with the attached wire cutter it could send the robber/destruction of property alarms on the local police. If for some reason you need to cut wire, try nicking the wire and using the pliars to wiggle it back and forth until it breaks. Or use your multi tools file.....
A four to five inch fixed knife on the belt while hiking is ok, in towns bury it in the backpack. Although it is now concealed it established two very imporant issues that are commonplace in a lot of leagal wordings. One, it is not "on ones person" per se, its in a pack. Two it is not readily accessable. Setting up a defence that you mean no harm with it. You use it when on the trails, in cities you pack it up where it is not needed.
Finally check the regulations on what size pepper spray you can leagally carry. Diffrent places put restriction on how many oz. The spray can be.
+1 on a hiking staff, it will help immeasurable while hiking. Ease your load, kill a pesky snake that doesn't want to go away, check water depth in streams you want to cross, cave in the skull of both two and four legged beasties that wish to do you harm. Hope this helps

-Bill Liptak