Mora knives, the P-38, Zip-lock freezer bags, good quality SAKs. Those are all good calls.

The Bics, particularly the mini-Bics, are IMO well on their way to making most match safes and flint bars obsolete. Carry three mini-Bics, one of which is wrapped in a bit of waxed card stock and sealed in foil tape, and the odds are you will never use a match or flint. I learned how to make fire with a fire-bow and a couple of other deep-woods methods but in the end I really think I will never have any practical need of those methods. As boring and unexciting and unheroic as it may seem flipping a Bic works.

Three tiny lighters is a cheap and easy standard to set. Even the youngest untrained survivor can get good results with them.

I will add:
Trash bags. Buy the thicker, larger and tougher commercial versions and you get a lot of bang for your buck. They can become sleeping bag, bivy bag over a sleeping bag, shelter, ground sheet, raincoat, emergency warming shelter if you slip in a candle, field expedient backpack, and if all else fails, a body bag.

Triangular bandage. Usually a 30" square piece of cotton muslin. So simple you can economically make your own. It pays to experiment with the size you like most. You can do a lot with a simple piece of good cloth. It is a bandage, tourniquet, hat, emergency footwear.
Tie the corners up and you have a bindle, a simple cloth container for your gear. Add a stick and you have the picture of a hobo from the 30s. And you learn that a bindle-stick is indeed an efficient way of carrying a light load.

Pillow case. A simple large discount store, cotton/poly pillow case goes for $2 on sale but it is a nice sack and becomes a workable backpack. A potato, flour or gunny sacks will also do but it has been a while since i have seen any of these. A piece of light cord with the ends tied to the bottom corners completes the deal. The cord allows you to stuff gear in the sack and then loop the middle of the cord using a clove hitch over the open end. You end up with a tightly closed sack with two arm loops and a workable backpack.

Light line is always valuable. A lot of gushing noise about 440 cord gets made but any good nylon or polyester 3/16" or 1/4" line will work for most jobs. At about a third the cost. There is nothing particularly special about 440 parachute cord. Not for what it goes for. It is usually either overkill, overbuilt and overpriced for the job, or sixty years behind the state of the art for critical applications. Even for the narrow job of shroud material on a parachute it is increasingly seen as old-school.

Hardware store tarps. The 6' by 8' and 8' by 10' models are often on sale. I recently got a pack of two 8by10s for $7. And they were the silver/brown type and a step up from the cheaper, but still good, all-blue models. Two tarps, a little light line, a couple of sticks and stakes and you have a whole lot of warmth and shelter for a little money.

Dickies work clothing. For sale, and sometimes on sale, at Wal-mart and Sears are long wearing and inexpensive clothing. The thicker denim wears like iron. The thin cotton/poly blends dry quickly. Bottom line being that they often work about as well as many military and expensive camper high-tech alternatives at a fraction the cost.