Martin, that sounds like way too much work for me. However, much of it also sounds like it's not a bad idea, and I should back up a lot more things than I do. Most of our data is simply kept in its original form. So, you might be inspiring me to do something with it. I'm not there yet, but maybe it will happen. You're certainly mroe on top of this stuff than I am.

My question is what happens when something serious happens on your property. I know Bucks County is not exactly in tornado alley, but if all your data, video and photos are all within a short distance of each other, isn't there some vulnerability. Isn't there something that could happen and destroy it all within a short time?

I want my photographs a few states away, and in the hands of a few different trusted friends or family. I don't think anything will happen in Colorado, Minnesota and New York within a short time. If one set of DVDs might be destroyed, I can always burn another. I should follow your example and add more things to what I back up and get to other locations.