>>Cool idea. I'll look into it. Um, why won't the beads strangle you in an accident?<<<br><br>They're not that strong. They've been used for dogtags for a long, long time now, and that's always been one of the criteria for the military. In war movies you see guys yanking dogtags off of bodies- they don't unclasp them.<br><br>I think some of the larger diameters might cause bruises if pulled off your neck, but no broken neck or crushed larynx. Usually the "clasp" thingie gives first, but the beads will pull apart with enough force.<br><br>These are also available in silver, and I think Brigade Q. used to have them in stainless. I think you'll find that the chromed ones are brass underneath.. chrome-plating steel is a problem, they used to copper-plate bumpers and such first for adhesion. <br><br>They are about the most comfortable chain you can wear (a lot of cheap silver and gold chains have very rough, sharp-edged surfaces), and don't get funky like nylon or other cords with sweat. Nylon can *really* reek after awhile, and washing it doesn't seem to help much, or for long.<br><br><br>