All,

I have a good one for you guys. A BOB that is acceptable to be carried aboard a plane, and can get you going where ever the plane flies.

As some of you know I live in the Caymans. When an hurricane comes our way we will get evacuated from the island (via work - charter an evac flight to get us off). So, I'm trying to build something that my wife can grab and she'll be good to go in whatever country she flies into. Typically they will aim for Miami as its the nearest largest International airport. But conditions may dicate that they flight into Toronto, or Mexico or somewhere else.

Here are the restrictions:
-Items have to meet the FAA guidelines (i.e. no knifes, etc)
-Can have only one carry on per person
-Carry on has to meet current FAA rescrictions
-There are others restrictions since some charter flights add their own, but this will account for most restrictions

Currently i'm thinking of this:
-Using a backpack (can squeeze more into it then a typical suitcase - of course all depends on what model) but looking at backpacks that have the wheels and extended handle like most carry on's
-Sleeping bag (something like REI's Travel Sack) - never know how long your going to be in airports and could be in questionable hotels
-packable jacket (flying from here and ending up in Toronto in October will be a cold shock for ya!) (Something like Sierra Designs Microlight Anorak)
-cheap rain poncho
-Stuff sack (with clothes - below) - makeshift pillow
-Two changes of under clothes each change in zip lock bags
-T-shirt (in zip lock bag)
-Long sleeve shirt (in zip lock bag)
-Pants (or converable pants/shorts)
-Possiblity of a sweater/fleece (this is low priority item)
-Pens/Pencils & notepad
-Toilet paper
-Basic toiletries in FAA approvable packaging
-Ultra light towel
-Ultra light face cloth
-Basic First Aid kit (with lots of imodium!)
-1 or 2 litre Platypus bottle for water when through security
-Flashlight
-DR PSK FAA'ized
-Additional PSK items (zip ties, etc)
-Throw away mobile from the states (w/ charger)
-30 pack of Katadyn Micropur
-Maps of three most likely areas where she would land
-document of all phone numbers & addresses she ever need (Canadian consultate in many countries, our parents numbers, friends, etc)
-Copies of important documents
-Wallet in bag (that will be taken out when using) that will contain certified copies (means nothing to some countries) of all documents in her present wallet, cash in three currencies (USD, CDN, Euros), etc.

It will be a challenge getting all of that to fit in the require space.

I need some advice from you guys... What would you add/subtract from the above list? I need to be able to account for a lot of variables and she will have enough funds that once she lands, she can set herself up in a hotel quite easily (or just fly back home if need be).

She will also be carrying her purse that will contain her everyday stuff (cash, credit cards, insurance, etc).

Thanks!
Kris