Originally Posted By: Chris Kavanaugh
The AR 7 survival Rifle is a durable production, if not wholly satisfactory design product; Armalite, Charter Arms, Henry. The problem with jamming has always been from poor magazines. It is my understanding Henry paid attention to this flaw with some better QC.You should still find ammo that your INDIVIDUAL piece likes in terms of feeding reliability and useful field accuracy.And then buy as many 'bricks' with the same production serial ( on the box) as possible, the .22 being like a wine vintage with production runs showing their own qualities. And if you buy a more plebian make, don't be afraid to visually inspect each cartridge like a box of Strike Anywhere matches and do some gleaning.I've known some simple RN lead to show glaring imperfections.Understand what a scope will, and will not do. There was a time ( and still is) when .22 scopes were wretched affairs. Get a decent one, and remember you are getting a faster target acquisition system for relatively short ranges. You don't need, or want anything much over 1- 1.5 true maginification. The takedown system will produce a 'different' carbine everytime you reassemble it. Try making everything you do with it; cleaning,torque on the receiver collet ( mark it like a timing belt in a car and observe any change from wear) and especially your shooting stance and hand position as uniform as possible.And remember, If Sean Connery could knock a helicopter down with his, you can nail the rabbit.

With all due respect I find it unreasonable to have to try tens of different brands of amuniton and "alterations" to get a firearm to perform at a minimal level. I don't recall reading in the manual that performance is at my own risk. (I already own a slingshot) I expect with the unique nature of this rifle that problems are inharent. ENOUGH SAID I have yet to receive on my (registered) rifle any notice of problems. Is it really too much to expect the AR-7 to feed amunition reliably? Really? How does Henry qualify this?

Edited by cameron2trade (06/23/08 05:30 AM)