I haven't spent much time thinking about whistles because I already have a 5-1 whistle and it seemed adequate. But now I'm having second thoughts so I'd like to hear pros and cons over the product I have to determine whether or not I should replace it.<br><br>It's Cohlman's Survivo II 5-in-1; compass, waterproof match case, shrill S.O.S. whistle, fire starting striker flint, S.O.S. signal mirror and lanyard. I carry it in my fanny pack whenever we go hiking, along with other survival gear.<br><br>The compass is a bubble compass on the cap, which seems okay. I also carry my plate compass so I never had to rely upon it. The mirror is small reflective disc on the inside of the cap, virtually useless so I carry my old Boy Scout metal signal mirror from the early seventies. I plan on buying the newer signal mirrors soon (X-Mass ideas) to replace it. The matchcase I use with blue tip matches. The whistle, the primary reason I bought it, seems loud enough but I've never heard the others listed to compare. <br><br>The firestriker flint has never been used, nor the lanyard, becasue I left the lanyard wrapped and taped around the whistle as it was shipped. I never intended to wear it unless I had to in an emergency so I left it wrapped to prevent the lanyard from tangling the contents of my fanny pack.<br><br>Also, I believe the lanyard is a nylon cord (meltable?).<br><br><br>Willie Vannerson<br>McHenry, IL