When it comes to guns I'm as dumb as it comes...aside from the course I took to get my license.

Last week I ordered a US Survival Rifle...my first fire arm ever...but my selection isn't what I'm posting about.

I have a question or two for those of you who are believers in the idea of carrying a rifle for survival.

Question number one! For those of you who carry a firearm or survival, do you also carry a backup to that rifle? Is so, what form does it take? Parts to fix said gun? Another smaller gun? Another identical gun? Sling shot?

Question number two! I got to thinking about this in relation to the AR-7 aka US Survival Rifle and came up with some ideas which I'd like some feedback on. Is it practical to buy or build another barrel and action which could technically be stored in the stock as backup to the action and barrel mounted on the gun normally. This would also give one the opportunity to mount a scope on the external barrel...which prevents it from being stored in the stock anyhow. Does that make sense or am I taking things too far as usual wink