Hey,

Its gonna be a fairly gradual upward move. Not sure of the exact elevation we'll achieve but the air will definitely be thinner.

I have almost finished loading my pack and its gonna be weighty. Its an 80L bag and its almost full. Unfortunately my sleeping bag is hollow fibre not down so its fairly heavy at around 2,5kgs (approx. 5,5lbs.)

The sleeping mat has a foam inner and can be inflated as well. It weighs around 1,1 kgs (2,4lbs).

We plan to take it easy and have one whole day to do the 12kms (7,5 miles) so slow and steady wins the race. I figure I'll need every rest opp I get!

Originally Posted By: Blast
What sort of elevation change will you be dealing with? Will it be very steep or more gradual? I don't know what sort of shape you are in, but excess gear weight is brutal in the mountains. Definately replace the Otter box with ditty bag(s). Will you be using a sleeping pad? Closed cell foam or self-inflating? The self inflating are comfy, but the weight is a killer. Thermarest makes a great 14oz z-fold pad that is much better for hauling up a mountain.

Don't cut vital gear just because it's heavy, but definately take weight into consideration. Better yet, load up all your gear then start climbing stairs.

-Blast