My Pocket Chainsaw does a fantastic job of cutting - literally like a chainsaw. Amazing! I have the one with the orange plastic handles, so they feel very good on the hand.

My only beef is that you have to be VERY careful about the branch getting stuck in the kerf as the cut progresses. The first time I used it was on a fairly large horizontal branch that was on a downed tree. I was sawing from the side, and as the remaining wood broke and the branch dropped down, it pinched the bottom part of the pocket chainsaw and got it so stuck that I thought I'd have to try to cut it out with some other saw. Instead I managed to break the branch by hand.

My hint there is to either prop the branch up first, or somehow make sure that the saw doesn't get pinched.

Right now, my favorite "folding" saw is my Trailblazer Buck Saw. It worked VERY well and packs well, though not pocketable at all. I leave the axe work for trimming small branches and splitting wood - and even then I now use a maul for splitting.

When packing small/light I carry a folding Silky Saw.