Originally Posted By: Paragon
It appears to me that you are not taking into account the discrepancy that exists between Old Style (OS) and New Style (NS) dates, specifically 11 days, resulting from the transition from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, starting in 1582, and continuing up until 1923 (although parts of North Africa, as well as the Orthodox religion, still have not made the transition).

The bottom line Jeanette is that once you somehow verify the exact date that you are living in, you’re still going to be off by 11 days when one compares it to the current (NS) Gregorian calendar.

Any time traveler would already know that. If I was traveling back in time I may use coordinates relative to the Gregorian calendar. If I were sent to 1000 A.D., did not know to when I was sent and later found out, I would know where I am according to the Julian calendar. I can then relate that information to a future time traveler and he can either do the math, manually switch to the Julian calendar or have the time machine do it automatically.

Originally Posted By: Paragon
Using that same logic, I could claim that dropping a glass vase from a second story window to the sidewalk below would break it, so throwing shattered pieces of glass back through the window would make a vase.

No, it does not work that way.

Jeanette Isabelle