Originally Posted By: Jeanette Isabelle
If I am still around a week later then either the message was not found or the information I provided was not accurate. The next thing to do is to verify the date. If, after I have done everything I know to do to verify the date, my information is accurate then my message was not found. I would then find another way to send a message.

Umm, no.

It appears to me that you are not taking into account the discrepancy that exists between Old Style (OS) and New Style (NS) dates, specifically 11 days, resulting from the transition from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar, starting in 1582, and continuing up until 1923 (although parts of North Africa, as well as the Orthodox religion, still have not made the transition).

Most of modern-day Europe (including the American colonies) officially made the transition in September of 1752. Dates are further confused due to the discrepancy between the traditional start of the NS calendar on January 1, from the previous March 1 that was used in OS. Lunisolar calendars, synodic months, and leap year errors between the calendars also mix things up a bit…

The bottom line Jeanette is that once you somehow verify the exact date that you are living in, you’re still going to be off by 11 days when one compares it to the current (NS) Gregorian calendar.

Originally Posted By: Jeanette Isabelle
Time travel is theoretically possible even beyond the fact we are traveling into the future at the rate of one minute per minute. Therefore, if we can travel 1,000 years in one direction, we can travel 1,000 years in the other direction.

Huh?

Using that same logic, I could claim that dropping a glass vase from a second story window to the sidewalk below would break it, so throwing shattered pieces of glass back through the window would make a vase.

Jim