Originally Posted By: Blast
Yes, but how can you be sure rescuing you be worthwhile for the time machine's owner? It seems you are assuming time travel would be a low cost/low energy activity.

I am not assuming that at all, a time machine needs to have fabulous amounts of energy. One either has to use negative energy, a nuclear reactor, an Orion's rift generator or something else of that nature.

Originally Posted By: Blast
Worst case scenerio is they decide the best way to avoid damage to the known timeline is to kill you before you can mess anything up.

Imagine you are sitting in your cave when suddenly a small device pops into existence. It has note saying to hold it close to your body and press the red button.

Next thing you know, St. Peter is staring at you with a shocked look and says, "Wow, are you early!".

Congratulations, you just created a paradox. You are dead and yet not dead at the same time, just like Schrödinger's cat.

Jeanette Isabelle